The Pépinières Danse et Numérique (PDN) were launched in the fall of 2018 in partnership with the Regroupement Québécois de la Danse and UQAT, and funded by CALQ and Emploi Québec. They were set up to meet the dance community’s critical need to equip itself with digital technology, which is becoming more and more prevalent in the creation and production of artistic projects. The goal of this incubator project was to provide the dance community with the tools and resources to allow its artists, designers and cultural workers to make use of digital technologies in developing the innovative projects of tomorrow. This training and artistic research program, divided into three parts, promotes research and experimentation in the use of digital technologies as they relate to dance. Through thematic conferences, internships and guided residencies, the PDN offer spaces for reflection and experimentation, giving the dance and performing arts community the tools it needs to make the digital shift now underway.
- 2017: Preparatory Workshop: When Dance Meets Digital
- Fall 2018: Workshop for dancers using interactive technologies
- Winter 2019: Workshop for choreographers using interactive technologies
- Fall 2019 : Official launch of the Pépinières Danse et Numérique + 3 presentations
- Winter 2020: Workshop for choreographers using interactive technologies
- 2020-21 / 2021-22 : Guided Residencies